with Christina Oman
#31 – Keto Snacks: Quick and Healthy Ideas for On-the-Go
Keto Snacks: Quick and Healthy Ideas for On-the-Go
As someone who follows a ketogenic diet, finding healthy snacks can be a bit of a challenge especially when travelling in airports. But with a little creativity and preparation, it’s possible to have a variety of delicious and healthy snack options that are easy to grab and go. In this episode I am taking you through my Top 10 Keto Snacks: Quick and Healthy Ideas for On-the-Go.
What is on the list:
- Hard-boiled eggs: They are high in protein and healthy fats and are easy to make in bulk. You can boil a dozen eggs at a time and store them in the fridge for up to a week.
- Purse Bacon: This tasty keto staple travels well and is always delicious!!
- Babybel Cheese: These babies are the best. They have survived an 8 hour flight from Geneva to JFK then a 3 hour drive from JFK to New London, Connecticut.
- Raw Coconut: Self managing and low carb. Feels like dessert so a big bonus.
- Keto Cheese Crisps: Keto cheese crisps are a crunchy and satisfying snack that can be easily prepared and taken with you on-the-go. Simply place small mounds of shredded cheese, such as cheddar or Parmesan, on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Add any herbs or spices you want. Bake in the oven until golden and crispy. Once cooled, you can pack them in a container or ziplock bag for a deliciously cheesy snack wherever you are.
- Nuts: Nuts are a great snack option for anyone following a ketogenic diet. Almonds, pecans, macadamia nuts, and pumpkin seeds are all great options. They’re high in healthy fats, protein, and are easy to pack in a small container or Ziplock bag. Just be careful not to overindulge as nuts and seeds are high in calories.
- Jerky: Jerky is another great option for a keto-friendly snack. Beef, turkey, and pork jerky are all high in protein and make for a satisfying snack. Just be sure to choose a brand that doesn’t contain added sugars or other unwanted ingredients. You can also try making your own jerky at home with your favourite meat and spices.
- Berries: For a sweet treat, try some berries like strawberries, blackberries, or raspberries. They’re low in carbs making them a great option for keto snacks.
- Fat Bombs: If you have a little more time, you can make your own keto snacks like fat bombs. There are plenty of recipes online that are easy to make and taste great. Fat bombs are typically made with high-fat ingredients like coconut oil, cream cheese, and cocoa powder, protein powder, nuts, and seeds.
- Protein Bars: Available in most places, look for low carb options with not too much added sugar. Most are low in net carbs.
So there you have it, some quick and healthy ideas for on-the-go keto snacks. With a little planning and preparation, you can have a variety of delicious snacks that will help you stay on track with your keto diet.
Go listen now!
Make sure you listen to the episode so I can take you through the rest of the reasons why I recommend the carnivore diet for weight loss.
Helping people find the easiest way to do keto is topic I am VERY passionate about. I hope you get some great tips from it! If you want more free goodies check out my Freebies page.
Rate, Review, & Follow on Apple Podcasts
“I love Christina and I learn so much with every episode.” <– If that sounds like you, please consider rating and reviewing my show!
This helps me support more people — just like you — move toward the life and health goals that they desire. Click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review.” Then be sure to let me know what you loved most about the episode!
Also, if you haven’t done so already, follow the podcast. I’m always adding new episodes to the feed and, if you’re not following, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out. Follow now!